Sunday, April 8, 2012

A MAP OF THE CREATIVE PROCESS

I was asked by someone the other day what I meant when I say that the typical suburban house is void of any design. It got me thinking about the process I went through to come up with a graphic insignia for Lazarus Designs, and decided to make a map of the process.
I'll say it again......the typical suburban house is void of any design, as it doesn't go through a reiterative process where options are explored, proportions and spaces are examined and functionality is not refined. Yes, the house is designed in the sense that rooms are layed out, a roof is put on it and somebody decides what material to apply to the front elevation of the house. Thats as far as it goes though. 
To see the design process for the graphic insignia, click here Creative Process Map

No comments:

Post a Comment